Continue Discussion 54 replies
Mar '16

sashko MDG Staff

It works! Now we can comment on Guide articles.

Mar '16

manaseer

To make the navigation a bit easier, It would be helpful if links to Previous and Next sections of the tutorial can also be added to the top of the page as well.

Apr '16

pandawhisperer

So how about the aldeed:collection2 package? I see you’re making use of aldeed:simple-schema, but then show only how to validate manually.

Does the collection2 package still work with Meteor 1.3? Is its use recommended? Any disadvantages to validating automatically rather than manually?

Apr '16

danryan

Is it still considered best practice to load the collection as a global variable?

1 reply
Apr '16

sashko MDG Staff

Negative - you’d want to import it wherever you use it. Like in the todos example app:

Exporting:

Importing:

2 replies
Apr '16 ▶ sashko

nbrady

@sashko I’ve been doing this recently, but now I can’t access that collection on the browser console. Is that supposed to be the case? Also, it seems slower which makes me feel like minimongo isn’t being used.

1 reply
Apr '16 ▶ nbrady

sashko MDG Staff

It’s definitely not slower, it’s exactly identical to before.

If you want to access from the console I’d suggest putting a:

global.Lists = Lists

near where you export it.

1 reply
Apr '16 ▶ sashko

nbrady

Interesting. I must be doing something else wrong, because it seems to be making the round trip call to the server db before updating my view. Thanks!

1 reply
Apr '16 ▶ nbrady

sashko MDG Staff

Did you import your methods on the client?

1 reply
Apr '16 ▶ sashko

nbrady

Yes, and tested that both the client and the server methods are being called. Can’t figure out where the latency is coming from, but only started happening today after I moved to modules.