Announcing Blaze Components - Reusable components for Blaze

CS will have less of an upside than with ES5 and below, but I don’t see any downside so I don’t see why I’d need to switch “away” from CS. Not with the way CS is seamlessly integrated into Meteor and with source maps in Chrome

Wow, good work on the library, regardless of the choice of language used in the examples!

This looks really good! Definitely will give it a spin, solves some important issues!

And just so I understand: I think I have seen (somewhere…) talk about an “official” Blaze Components thing, though I may have misread. But if I haven’t, or regardless of that, is this “official” or let’s say something like a first implementation of something that is slated to become part of Meteor core? I’m new to the forums and probably wouldn’t even recognize the core devs posting etc, so that’s part of the reason that I have to ask.
Why I think I need to know this - I don’t know. It probably doesn’t really make any difference. It’s awesome that someone is doing the work (and has already done a big part of that work, as far as I can tell) of bringing a component-oriented thinking to Blaze / Helpers / Events!

I’m trying to choose which component package to use. This looks like quite good solution, but very fresh and without community yet.

@mitar could you explain a few main points why it’s better to use your blaze-components than flow-components, why you decided to create your own solution when there was already other solutions?

Awesome lib and supporting plain JS examples… You’re my hero/es!

You can see a (biased) comparison with other projects at the end of the README: https://github.com/peerlibrary/meteor-blaze-components#related-projects

I’m having a good time with Babel and ES6