Announcing Meteor 1.7

All our updates with Meteor were pretty smooth and we’ve been using it for couple of years now, we just follow the readme and we’re good to go. But I understand this might not be everyone’s experience due to the inherited environmental complexity so I’m not dismissing the issues.

However I agree with Benjamn’s sentiment here, I don’t think it’s professional nor courteous to highjack the announcement thread to push on issues, we all build products here and understand that this is not the right channel. I think opening Github issue and showing some patience with a dose of gratitude toward Open Source tech and developers is the right attitude.

Bringing the thread back to it’s topic, I’d like to re-iterate our delight with 1.7 and the progress that has been done on Meteor over the last couple of years and we look forward to the next release!

13 Likes

I am usually silent, but I would like to echo @alawi’s sentiments. I also understand that frustration is normal, especially on tight deadlines and late nights when caffeine doesn’t work anymore, and especially that we got pampered with Meteor’s magical “It just works” - time return to the positive.

Thanks @benjamn … hats off to you once more (I am running out of hats!) – well done to the Meteor team and the community contributors!

6 Likes