Bring back the old docs

Please bring back one page version as a option so we do not loose this feature as we go forward e.g http://docs.meteor.com/#/basic/

I think this should be the default option, it is less userfriendly now because have to click n search cannot just do a find on page. Poor decision making who ever took that imho. One foot forward two steps backward.

2 Likes

+1 thatā€™s a really great idea!

I mostly miss a searchable reference list of all the API methods as docs V1. I feel a lot of methods are now undocumented.

The current docs are a nice addition, but they are more like guides. Not very useful for reference while developing.

I love the new docs, and the navigation! Just wanted to say that. Totally love it.

I like the look of the new docs, no search capability makes it pretty useless IMO. If that were fixed great, otherwise I agree bring back the old site.

The new docs have search capability as of about 17 hours ago, but youā€™re probably not seeing it because either:

• Youā€™ve loaded it recently and itā€™s being served entirely from your browserā€™s appcache ā€“ try Incognito/Private browsing for the time-being. This should be fixed soon; or
  • You just missed it as itā€™s scrolled out of view (just off the top) when you first load the page. Thereā€™s an issue open to fix this already.
1 Like

A refresh made the magic happen, thanks for the update!

1 Like

not sure whatā€™s wrong with your trashcan, but you should maybe clean your chrome profile / cache / extensions / temp folder. The stripe docs are great and even work flawless on my iPad incl browser full page search

Disabled extensions, made a new user profile in Chromeā€¦ still the same. See for yourself (Firefox on the left, Chrome on the right).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1210363/stripe-API-scroll.mp4

And seeing how so many devs use Chrome, I would personally try to limit how much content is on a single page.

Strangeā€¦ I use chrome and I have no issues on my Macbook. Well, investigating that further is probably of diminishing returns. Especially since I donā€™t even need the stripe docs :sweat_smile:.

But I really like them and always prefere - be it online shopping or news articles - to have a button ā€œload on a single pageā€. I really liked that on the old meteor docs. Though I wrote a quick js injection via a chrome extension to de-highjack my loved CMD + F. The guide is necessary but imo a poor replacement for an API Documentation. That was not too obvious to me during the guide preview.

But maybe I just learned about myself, that I am mostly Fā€™ing docsā€¦ anywayā€¦

Is there a link to the old one-page docs? Iā€™m desperate for it, really dislike the new docs which are pretty but uselessā€¦ :unamused:

2 Likes

Same I want it too cannot find it anywhere, new page is design is uselessā€¦ wish they would revert it

1 Like

The new search is blazing fast! Thanks guys!

1 Like

Very clever - thanks! Now if only someone would bring back free Meteor hosting tooā€¦ :wink:

1 Like