Cannot Install Meteor 1.6 to Windows 7 32bit

Whole day i have been trying to install meteor into my computer and keep getting stuck at this Point.

Someone please help me installation so, i can learn and start working with meteor.

This is the Error i am getting:

> ERROR: A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name ‘file’.
> The install of meteor was NOT successful.
> Error while running ‘C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\meteor\tools\chocolateyinstall.ps1’.
> See log for details.

Choco seems installed correct don’t know whats wrong with Meteor everytime it fails at this point…
What I tried:

1. Uninstall older Meteor then apply new steps to install meteor.
  2. Remove all Choco things from computer. Restart my computer and start Fresh install.
  3. Clear all the Temp and %temp% and fresh install with choco… everytime Choco installs perfect but it cannot install meteor into my computer.

Someone Plz help.

choco installs the 64-bit version of Meteor. I don’t know, but that may be your problem?

Did you start up your cmd shell in “run as administrator” mode?

Yes, I did But it didn’t work :frowning:

Seems like that way…!

Stuck with same problem for two days now. Even my old projects stop working. Using same windows 7, 32 bit version and facing same set of errors. Tried everything i can found on meteor forum or any useful place, but still stuck at this point. if you figured out how to work out of this , please share.
this is my set of errors when trying to run my old apps

Error: Cannot find module 'bson’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
at Object. (C:\Users\GEORGE\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\cfs_gridfs\0.0.33\npm\node_modules\mongodb\lib\mongodb\collection.js:10:16)
at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:416:10)
at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
Exited with code: 1
Your application is crashing. Waiting for file change.

I am getting the same thing in Windows 7 as well. Anybody know how to solve this?

ERROR: A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name ‘file’.
The install of meteor was NOT successful.
Error while running ‘C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\meteor\tools\chocolateyinstall.ps1’.
See log for details.

I was running this on a windows 7 machine and getting the same errors. I was able to solve and get meteor installed by updating Powershell to version 3, which is apparently for chocolatey to run correctly even though it doesn’t give up any other outward errors. I just downloaded the update appropriate for my computer here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34595

3 Likes

Okay. Updating Powershell worked. But now I am getting errors when creating a meteor application using meteor create

Okay. You only need to do a meteor npm install after meteor create failed to install the npm modules