Can't start Mongo server on new 1.7 project

=> Started proxy.
Unexpected mongo exit code 3221225781. Restarting.
Can't start Mongo server.

I’ve been having this issue for a couple of days since I’ve remember upgrading meteor to 1.7,i tried Delete .meteor/local/db , i tried meteor reset , i tried to delete node_modules , but the problem won’t be fixed
any help please

This is a brand-new project?

meteor create some-project
cd some-project
meteor npm i
meteor
> Started proxy.

no the project is already created,
i had a problem with my windows system, so I was obliged to reinstall meteor, mongodb and all necessary softwares,

Are you running your own MongoDB server? You would not normally install MongoDB yourself in a Meteor development environment.

Similar comment. What software is this?

1 Like

what i mean that I reinstalled my windows 10
no i am not running my own MongoDB server, i tried to do it when I was desperate to fix the problem
, and the software of my developpment envirment like webstorm , mongodb compass and git
so what should i do ?

Perhaps you should start by validating that your Meteor installation is ok. Does the basic new project work?

meteor create some-project
cd some-project
meteor npm i
meteor

i tried that, and i got the same problem

E:\Personnal folders\test>meteor create test-projet
Created a new Meteor app in ‘test-projet’.

To run your new app:
cd test-projet
meteor

If you are new to Meteor, try some of the learning resources here:
https://www.meteor.com/tutorials

To start with a different app template, try one of the following:

meteor create --bare # to create an empty app
meteor create --minimal # to create an app with as few Meteor packages as possible
meteor create --full # to create a more complete scaffolded app

E:\Personnal folders\test>cd test-projet

E:\Personnal folders\test\test-projet>meteor npm i
up to date in 5.73s
[+] no known vulnerabilities found [602 packages audited]

E:\Personnal folders\test\test-projet>meteor
[[[[[ ~\E\Personnal folders\test\test-projet ]]]]]

=> Started proxy.
Can’t start Mongo server.

You need to install on the C: drive. There are known problems running MongoDB on Windows unless you use C:

well it fixed after i reinstall meteor through this app meteor install app

2 Likes

Thaanks, yes I had the same error when running my created app after installing Meteor on a fresh machine using Chocolatey. I was unable to resolve the issue.
I then uninstalled Meteor via Chololatey then used this installer. Meteor installed, created an app the app now runs. Finally, wow!

1 Like

Did you follow the chocolatey installation process carefully (it’s not always clear)?

Using the old installer is going to limit what you are able to do with Meteor: it installs 32-bit versions of Meteor and MongoDB. With MongoDB in particular, that restricts you to v3.2 (in development mode). That means if you need features in newer versions of MongoDB, you will also have to install MongoDB yourself for development. For oplog-enabled MongoDB (replica sets), that’s not trivial if you’ve never done it before.

1 Like

I am facing the same issue. Have tried everything suggested by @robfallows. seems like will have to use the older version only.

Solved by installing https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=48145

as suggested here:
https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/10036

2 Likes