Coming soon: Meteor 1.4

What page number? I’ll go look when back at the office.

Got it… pg 164.

sorry in advance for the snide remark: as an ex-windows user, I can attest that windows is what hurts windows developers’ productivity the most. =P

(I did love C# though…)

2 Likes

Hello ,

I am currently using Meteor 1.3 with Blaze Engine
First of all , Why in the official page no more tutorial For Blaze ?
I wanna know if Blaze is gonna vanish one day or not ?
Am I safe with Blaze ? Does MDG planning to take out one day ?
I am worried a little bit about this issues because I have a huge app based on Blaze
and migration or change in code will be disaster
I hope one of the expert guys here could answer me clearly

Thanks

https://www.meteor.com/tutorials/blaze/creating-an-app

It’s also there… https://www.meteor.com/tutorials

Seems that Meteor 1.4 was just quietly released :slight_smile:

Congratulations to MDG for another successful release!

6 Likes

It has been released, but it hasn’t been officially recommended yet (meteor show METEOR). Definitely tread lightly if updating your production apps!

2 Likes

Just updated 6 apps to Meteor 1.4 on our staging environment. All working well so far, another solid effort by @benjamn and co. :slight_smile: Assuming no major issues overnight I’ll deploy to production tomorrow morning.

Main issues I can see being a problem (depending on your deployment methods) would be remembering to update Node on the server, and making sure pre-compiled npm packages are targeting the correct version of node. Being sure to use meteor npm rather than just npm probably avoids issues where your locally installed node is different to the version (v4.4.6) used by Meteor 1.4.

4 Likes

History doc says node v4.4.7 is shipped with Meteor 1.4 along with MongoDB 3.2. :slight_smile:

We just recommended the release so it’s officially out!

5 Likes

Ah my bad, yes it’s 4.4.7 not .6

Lovely :slight_smile: so now we’re close enough to become fully using just npm!

When will Blaze be retired ?? never? (that’s good)