Deploy app - Galaxy and Atlas:Mongodb

I doubt that. Given that they have huge customers, they wouldn’t be able to get away with it.

Would be nice to get to the bottom of this though. Right now I speculate it might be related to oplog and some unrelated traffic that gets send to the app, even though the app has no need for it.
Or it could be something stupid in my app. That is always a possibility.

I noticed that Atlas talked about increases in bandwidth with 4.2 vs 4.0. I’ve just moved to the M10 cluster to begin testing & prepare my app release. I chose not to include the oplog configuration at the time. I’ll keep an eye on the bandwidth billing.

1 Like

I think the example shared by @ChristopherBate is great. Two things that are worth highlighting from his post:

1. The "galaxy.meteor.com : { " environment variable has to be at the top of your settings json file - before your public and private configurations.

2. The connection link that Atlas provides works - just replace username and password with your information and you should be good to go.

With that said, if you need a step-by-step instruction on how to setup Meteor with MongoDB Atlas check out this Fall 2019 course page from the University of Hawaii - start at step 3. From my research, it is the best (i.e. fairly recent and accurate) step-by-step guide on the setup process for Meteor and MongoDB Atlas.

Good luck!

5 Likes