Deploying to AWS with Meteor 1.3.5 still using MUP

@ramez, where you able to make progress on that script?

Yes @aadams , sorry for delay

Share your thoughts ā€¦

Updated repo and added a few screenshots ā€“ hope that helps anyone looking for production grade deployment and for one reason or the other, canā€™t (unfortunately) use Galaxy.

1 Like

Iā€™ve taken a crack at writing out a few scripts for my deployment situation, some of it lifted from your repo. I need help flushing it out more, any help is appriciated.

@ramez, thank you for all your help so far!

Thanks @ramez. I followed most of your instruction and was able to successfully deploy 1.4. I notice that pm2-web is no longer maintained, ended up using pm2-gui. I was also forced to use ā€˜npm installā€™ with ā€˜unsafe-permā€™ flag.

This is great @perumalkuk, will you post the steps you took to get the scripts working?

I forked arunodaā€™s meteor-up (it is abandoned, with the last version here was 0.11.3 and created a brand new repo that picks up where it left off ā€“ namely supporting 1.2 + deployments without docker. I called it meteor-up-classic. Iā€™ve successfully gotten 1.3.5.1 running using mup-classic (where as arunodaā€™s mup doesnā€™t support anything above meteor 1.2).

if you need or want docker, kadirahqā€™s meteor-up is where the new development is taking place. In my case I canā€™t use docker because I need access to the file system (read/write/delete dirs and files) OUTSIDE of the Meteor application and donā€™t know enough about docker and how to configure that (and donā€™t have the cycles to figure it out right now) ā€“ hence meteor-up-classic.

Iā€™m still interested in your script for deployment, if I can get a step by step walk through, I might give it another try on a fresh EC2 box to test.

Hi ā€¦did a quick write-up. Do let me know if it helps.

2 Likes

Wow, this is amazing @perumalkuk! Iā€™m going to follow and see how far I get after I spin up another EC2 instance.

Looks awfully familiar if you ask me :slight_smile:
[I did skip Mongo setup as I assumed it was beyond the scope of typical user, thanks for including it]

I would recommend adding a section about using re-deployment scripts, in other words, what happens when we want to update the Meteor app.

1 Like

Thanks @ramez I have used your guide as reference ā€¦ hence the similarity. I knew the steps but I was lazy as MUP was working. With 1.4 I had to take the plunge.

I did this document quickly. I will see if I can add the ones you have suggested and nginx and letsencrypt setup ā€¦ thanks again.

1 Like