Thanks @arunoda, I wasn’t aware of Docker Compose and Machine (I knew of Fig though, the precursor to Compose).
Let me outline the goals I have in mind.
I want to set up a production and a staging instance of my application. The idea is to use the staging one for testing, typically automated. Ideally I want to use DigitalOcean, although I could use OpsWorks if there are compelling reasons to do so. I’m thinking I want to be able to switch out my staging instance for the production one, in order to deploy a new version to production. I don’t have any previous experience with such a setup though.
Let’s say I use the meteord image as a starting point, which other steps do I have to through in order to implement the setup outlined above? Please suggest alternative approaches if you know of better ways of doing things.
I’m pretty certain at least that I will need a separate MongoDB container in order to persist the production data between deployments, but that’s about all I know.