Error creating new Meteor APP in Windows 8.1: future.js:398:15

I’ve been working in Meteor for some weeks, creating some applications to test it and assure that everything works fine before adopting it for the company. Yesterday I created and Meteor application in my Windows 8.1 with no problem, but today with no apparent change on my system, when I do any “meteor create [x]” or even “meteor update” it crashes:

Error: ENOENT, open ‘C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.1.4\os.json’ at Object.Future.wait (C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.1.3\mt-os.windows.x8632\d ev_bundle\lib\node_modules\fibers\future.js:398:15) at Object.wrapper [as readFile] (C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.1.3\mt-os.window s.x86_32\tools\files.js:1350:24) at C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.1.3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\tools\isopack.js:693: 15 at Array.forEach (native) at Function…each…forEach (C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.1.3\mt-os.windows.x 86_32\dev_bundle\lib\node_modules\underscore\underscore.js:79:11) at [object Object]…extend.loadUnibuildsFromPath (C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool \1.1.3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\tools\isopack.js:680:7) at [object Object]…extend.initFromPath (C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.1.3\mt- os.windows.x86_32\tools\isopack.js:606:17) at springboard (C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.1.3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\tools\ma in.js:458:15) at C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.1.3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\tools\main.js:1023:5

If I try to run my previous applications It works fine, but it do not allow me to create new apps.

I’m running the cmd as administrator (tryed also with powershell) and I have free space on all drives.

OK, that one was hard!

Uninstalling meteor and installing it again allowed Meteor to work. After that, installing the pluigins of my project moved it to the same state. I’ve found that the problem was that I was using PowerShell instead of “cmd”.

The right procedure to make it work was:

1.- Uninstall Meteor
2.- Install it again
3.- Go to the app folder (in cmd as admin) and do meteor update
4.- Then meteor (and in my case add some packages because of changes of dependences in versions).
5.- All running OK

If you do the same thing with PowerShell step 3 (or 4 before 3) makes meteor stop working.