Error when adding android platform in Meteor version 2.16

I have installed java 11, gradle 8.8, android SDK 33, but when running ‘meteor add-platform android’ I get this error message

here is my setting

Could you follow the steps I mentioned here?

With Java 11 we also need to set up cmdline-tools and provide to the env variables. Your issue feels similar, and I can’t see these vars set on your system.

This is included briefly on the docs here. Surely it should be improved to mention how to set up the envs. :memo:

I have successfully added the android platform when switching back to java version 8, and added

App.setPreference("android-minSdkVersion", "30");
App.setPreference("android-compileSdkVersion", "33");
App.setPreference("android-targetSdkVersion", "33");

to the mobile-config file, but there is another problem :frowning:

A problem occurred configuring root project 'VLDC'.
> Could not resolve all files for configuration ':classpath'.
   > Could not resolve com.android.tools.build:gradle:7.4.2.
     Required by:
         project :
      > No matching variant of com.android.tools.build:gradle:7.4.2 was found. The consumer was configured to find a runtime of a library compatible with Java 8, packaged as a jar, and its dependencies declared externally, as well as attribute 'org.gradle.plugin.api-version' with value '7.6' but:
          - Variant 'apiElements' capability com.android.tools.build:gradle:7.4.2 declares a library, packaged as a jar, and its dependencies declared externally:
              - Incompatible because this component declares an API of a component compatible with Java 11 and the consumer needed a runtime of a component compatible with Java 8
              - Other compatible attribute:
                  - Doesn't say anything about org.gradle.plugin.api-version (required '7.6')
          - Variant 'javadocElements' capability com.android.tools.build:gradle:7.4.2 declares a runtime of a component, and its dependencies declared externally:
              - Incompatible because this component declares documentation and the consumer needed a library
              - Other compatible attributes:
                  - Doesn't say anything about its target Java version (required compatibility with Java 8)
                  - Doesn't say anything about its elements (required them packaged as a jar)
          - Variant 'runtimeElements' capability com.android.tools.build:gradle:7.4.2 declares a runtime of a library, packaged as a jar, and its dependencies declared externally:
              - Incompatible because this component declares a component compatible with Java 11 and the consumer needed a component compatible with Java 8
              - Other compatible attribute:
          - Variant 'sourcesElements' capability com.android.tools.build:gradle:7.4.2 declares a runtime of a component, and its dependencies declared externally:
              - Incompatible because this component declares documentation and the consumer needed a library
              - Other compatible attributes:
                  - Doesn't say anything about its target Java version (required compatibility with Java 8)
                  - Doesn't say anything about its elements (required them packaged as a jar)

update java 8 to 11 , then i got this error

my environment

Within the SDK Manager in Android Studio, go to the SDK Tools tab. Check the Android SDK Command-line Tools (latest)

Did you pre-install the Command-line Tools? Here is a comment visually on how to do it using Android studio.

The error that you get seems to be closely related on what I shared in my comment above. So before going deeper I would like you to verify proper installation and env variable updated. The latter you already showed above.
Could you verify the C:\Users\Woody\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\cmdline-tools\latest exists as well?

yes, i fixed it, but now it has a different problem with com.google.gms.google-services

:frowning: here is my mobile-config

I would guess the issue is incompatible versions between some combination of your android studio, gradle, and the google lib.

This answer suggests using version 4.3.8 instead of 4.2.0 for the google-services lib: