Galaxy in Asia region and app scheduled start and stop?

Hello,

I am currently evaluating the meteor technology for our company so far i’m loving meteor :slight_smile:
But I am now exploring how we deploy our meteor app. I have a few questions.

We’re from Southeast-Asia and at the moment galaxy has no region supporting Asia.
Anyone knows when will Asia be supported?
How easy it is transferring meteor apps from one region to another?

We are also concerned about the pricing and i understand that in galaxy you only pay for what you use.
So is it possible to configure my app to start and run in a specific time? Lets say 8am-5pm.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Please let us know which additional regions you’d like to see Galaxy in here!

1 Like

@marktrang Thanks for that link, any advice on my other questions? :slight_smile:

There’s currently no out-of-the-box way to schedule a start/stop of a deployed app in Galaxy but the community may have come up with workarounds.

I’d like to vote for East China region (Hangzhou)

Please send us your Galaxy region requests here.

I read somewhere in the forums that there is a plan of opening a singapore region in a "few months"
Right now we are doing development and probably will finish in 3months.

My question is if we put our application in the us region today. How easy will it be to migrate it in another region?

when will Asia Pacific (Tokyo) ap-northeast-1 be available, any plan?

We just launched Galaxy Asia-Pacific in the AWS Sydney region: Galaxy Asia-Pacific is now available

Does that meet your needs?

2 Likes

That’s good news, but still, it is about 5k miles from major cities in China to Sydney.

1 Like