Guide: Setting up LetsEncrypt SSL on Galaxy

@energistic I do not know where I am failing.
where do I need to enter the sites url?

I somehow cannot get it right.
Sorry for being a noob :slight_smile:

I think you need to back up a step. When you run ./letsencrypt-auto --manual certonly it should ask you for the site name.

@marktrang It’s been a while (Feb 21) since LetsEncrypt support was put on the roadmap for Galaxy. Have you guys been able to make progress on it yet?

1 Like

ok, thanks, figured ouit yesterday, the script somehow could not install some of the dependencies (pip for example), now I am stuck with:
ImportError: Unable to import libaugeas!
I will probably need to do it on a linux machine (currently trying it on a mac).
Thanks for the help!

+1 also interested in this

It’s coming very soon!

5 Likes

Can you be a little more specific around soon? Just wondering if it’s worth waiting or trying the steps above?

3 Likes

Does this guide provide a ssl certificate that you put into the galaxy encryption console?

It seems that the Galaxy settings won’t accept my ssl pem files.
The validation button seem to be stuck at “Validating” stage.

You might be having the same problem I had. I purchased a goDaddy ssl certificate and they originally told me to download and use the wrong files. What you need to do is generate your CSR file and use that as your ‘key’ in the meteor settings console. You will also use CSR files to create your certificate. The file they provide afterwards you’ll use afterwards. If you’re having trouble email meteor and ask for help. They came back to me with a great alternative however I had already gone down the godaddy path.

I think it was a problem with Galaxy (I was using letsencrypt).
I retried with the same files and it worked.

+1 thanks birkskyum - this worked for me, too

:gift: CELEBRATE!!! :gift:

2 Likes