How to fix the bcrypt error in windows 7?

I had the same problem. Left it overnight and it was still waiting. I fixed it by manually downloading and installing the latest version of NodeJS for Windows. Probably not necessary but I also installed the latest version of Python.

I tried to ignore npm install --global --production windows-build-tools, and install it by manual NodeJS, Windows BT and Python.
And then install `meteor npm install --save bcrypt``in my project, but still have the same problem like above.

Read this file for more information:

1 Like

I solved this by following ‘rdagger’ steps, but with a slight variation.

I have used windows powershell with admin previlege
At the step meteor ‘npm install --global --production windows-build-tool’, after Python installed, I have waited a long without any status, so quit the power shell and browsed to ‘C:\Users\#user#\.windows-build-tools’, where I found ‘BuildTools_Full.exe’. I have ran it manually with default options. It also took a bit time, but atleast I can see the status.
It installed some C++ tools etc. After this, I resumed the ‘powershell’ and continued steps from ‘npm install -g node-pre-gyp’. Have ignored all the warnings! Then started meteor in my project folder. Voila!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, it solved the issue

Tried all of your solutions but none of them worked:

C:\Users\Casa\Desktop\recipic> meteor npm install --save bcrypt
npm ERR! git clone --template=C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.5.1-rc.1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\.npm\_git-remotes\_templates --mirror git://github.com/nmccready/google-maps-utility-library-v3-mar
kerwithlabel.git C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.5.1-rc.1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\.npm\_git-remotes\git-github-com-nmccready-google-maps-utility-library-v3-markerwithlabel-git-535ad55b: Cloning
into bare repository 'C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.5.1-rc.1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\.npm\_git-remotes\git-github-com-nmccready-google-maps-utility-library-v3-markerwithlabel-git-535ad55b'...
npm ERR! git clone --template=C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.5.1-rc.1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\.npm\_git-remotes\_templates --mirror git://github.com/nmccready/google-maps-utility-library-v3-mar
kerwithlabel.git C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.5.1-rc.1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\.npm\_git-remotes\git-github-com-nmccready-google-maps-utility-library-v3-markerwithlabel-git-535ad55b: fatal: b
ad object 1e1ae841596ce41fb5cfaff301477393c5621d3d
kerwithlabel.git C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.5.1-rc.1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\.npm\_git-remotes\git-github-com-nmccready-google-maps-utility-library-v3-markerwithlabel-git-535ad55b: fatal: r
emote did not send all necessary objects
npm ERR! code 128
npm ERR! Command failed: git -c core.longpaths=true clone --template=C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.5.1-rc.1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\.npm\_git-remotes\_templates --mirror git://github.com/nmccr
eady/google-maps-utility-library-v3-markerwithlabel.git C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.5.1-rc.1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\.npm\_git-remotes\git-github-com-nmccready-google-maps-utility-library-v3
-markerwithlabel-git-535ad55b
npm ERR! Cloning into bare repository 'C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.5.1-rc.1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\.npm\_git-remotes\git-github-com-nmccready-google-maps-utility-library-v3-markerwithlabel-
git-535ad55b'...
npm ERR! fatal: bad object 1e1ae841596ce41fb5cfaff301477393c5621d3d
npm ERR! fatal: remote did not send all necessary objects
npm ERR!

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.5.1-rc.1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\.npm\_logs\2017-07-09T14_28_22_351Z-debug.log

It’s probably worth mentioning that you can totally ignore this notice and continue without any problems.
It’s just a harmless notice that the js implementation is slower than a natively built one

Thank you, it solved the issue.

Thanks! It works for me. I’m using Windows 10 64-bit.