Learning through old tutorials, is it still okay?

Of course and that’s why I wasn’t complaining. I think Meteor and the community that contribute to it and drive it are fantastic. My only point really was, as a newb, it’s pretty frustrating trying to learn it from scratch when so many things detailed in existing tutorials will fail. LevelUp tuts is an incredible resource, but suffers the same problems due to updates in the source or third party packages. Of course the answer is to install the relevant (older) version of Meteor and the required components, but nobody coming to Meteor for the first time is going to want to install an old version when the shiny new one is right there on the homepage :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is likely not a Meteor-specific thing. When I look at the churn in npm package managers and build tools, I’m glad I’m not adding all that to the things I have to understand and refactor for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah those couple of tutorial issues really need to be fixed.

I submitted a PR to change the package used at the testing stage, but haven’t had time to check the blaze-html-templates vs static-html and accounts-ui issue for React