Legal implications of using React

Well, that certainly sounds like a reliable source. /s

Also found this from React Discuss:

We use a standard BSD license paired with an additional patent grant for most of our open source projects. For brevity, we call this combination the Facebook BSD+Patents license. We’ve compiled some answers to common questions about the additional patent grant:

Does the additional patent grant in the Facebook BSD+Patents license terminate if I create a competing product?
No.

Does the additional patent grant in the Facebook BSD+Patents license terminate if I sue Facebook for something other than patent infringement?
No.

Does the additional patent grant in the Facebook BSD+Patents license terminate if Facebook sues me for patent infringement first, and then I respond with a patent counterclaim against Facebook?
No, unless your patent counterclaim is related to Facebook’s software licensed under the Facebook BSD+Patents license.

Does termination of the additional patent grant in the Facebook BSD+Patents license cause the copyright license to also terminate?
No.

Since I’m not a lawyer and thus I don’t know all possibilities caused by it, I can’t comment on that, but here’s I found Lawyer perspective to Facebook patent clause.

1 Like

Locking this thread because there aren’t many new points being raised, it’s not Meteor-specific, and this is a technology forum, not a place to get legal advice.

3 Likes