Let's Play a Game: How Do You Think MDG Reacts to Us?

The color of the replies number indicates the like to post ratio. So the threads with high replies, views number and a orange replies number are the most popular threads.

3 Likes

Using the top button, I certainly like - but when a certain response is liked by a lot of people, itā€™s as far as I see, there is no heart sorting :blush: thanks for clarifying though!

Iā€™d rather have you invest time in the platform. Some insightful posts from time to time is great, but I already think youā€™re delivering on that end, especially with Geoffā€™s posts about the high level direction your taking

3 Likes

For the most part that is what @joshowens does with his podcasts on youtube.

I would highly recommend them as they are always informative and insightful along with a great conversational style.

2 Likes

Make that 2. Tired of all the brogrammer gutter slang from hoodie wearing Zuckerberg wanna-beā€™s. I mean, ā€œmountā€ and ā€œpropsā€?? How dare they! My clients wear business suits, lab coats and scrubs. This language is totally inappropriate for these industries, because as you very well know, the clients in suits, lab coats, and scrubs are very interested in looking at my source code to check for offensive terminology.I give them props for doing their due diligence. Whoops, excuse my language.

/sarcasm

3 Likes

I think brogrammer gutter slang has meme potential

6 Likes

Iā€™m down to help with this, lets do it @sashko!

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to see if anyone else at MDG is interested in joining in.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to help too @benstr @sashko!

Format: ā€˜Hangouts on Airā€™ from Google
Channel: Can set up a channel (To the Core: Meteor Q&A), or on the official meteor channel
Schedule:

• Announce the date of the next recording (would be good if this were a mostly regular time)
  • Weā€™ll come up with a list of threads to talk about the day before (around 5-10) with a summary of the ideas/opinions/questions and any talking points
  • Sashko has a day to float ideas internally
  • We do the recording
  • Distribute
    Distribution: On a *.meteor.com website, forums, occasionally to the meteor blog, post the video link to posts that were mentioned
    Other ideas: Host other core members as guests or community members on if theyā€™re interested, ask questions to the community, announcements
2 Likes

Through this whole experience the one person who has really caught my attention has been Arunoda. I expect Iā€™ll still be following him 20 years from now, but Iā€™m not sure I can say the same for Meteor/MDG.

1 Like

Why just stop at a meme? Make a language out of it similar to LOLCODE.

> HAI 1.2
>  CAN HAS STDIO?
>  PLZ OPEN FILE "LOLCATS.TXT"?
>      AWSUM THX
>          VISIBLE FILE
>      O NOES
>          INVISIBLE "ERROR!"
>  KTHXBYE
2 Likes

Wooh - really awesome how this thread panned out. It slipped my mind, but I believe I owe someone a Meteor Toys license. For popular vote and originality, it goes to @brajt! Please send me your email and Iā€™ll send the key your way :smile:

4 Likes

Yay! :smile: Thanks a lot, will send it. :slight_smile:

But to be honest, I didnā€™t even know there was any competition, as I didnā€™t read the original post that far. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes