Maintained Meteor / DDP client for iOS?

Interesting find! Looking forward to see which options show up!

I was able to make MeteorDDP work, with another WebSocket library than the default one. Yet it logs out immediately after login. Trying to figure out why. Must be my misconfiguration somehow, as the sample app works.

Hi, I also needed a DDP client library myself and I’ve created a Kotlin Multiplatform library which implements DDP. Since it’s a KMP library, it can be used on both iOS and Android native apps.

1 Like

Sounds great! Did you Open Source it?

Good approach to use Kotlin multi-platform for this. Although I only need it for visionOS right now, I might use it for iOS and Android in the future.

The library I’m currently using makes a bit weird assumptions. For instance, it assumes that a publication has the same name as the underlying collection. I had to patch it to work like Meteor subscriptions.

I’m not an active forum user, sorry for the very late answer. I didn’t open sourced it but I might do it in a couple of months. It still has some flaws. I want to open source it when I have time.

I’d love to get your updates to MeteorDDP for VisionOS. Do you have a repository I can use? Thank you very much.

Hi, I used SwiftDDP as a basis (see link above), but had to rework it a lot because the code was quite flawed IMHO. In parts, it’s almost like a rewrite, in some parts, it’s like monkey-patching, and currently pretty tightly connected to my app, since I needed a solution quick. I also moved the code into the general code-base of my app to be able to iterate faster. And it does not work very reliably yet, as the original maintainer did not care much about things like re-connection on connection breakups etc. I think for it to be useful for others and put it back in a public repro, it will take a while until I have a somewhat “stable” version.

Thank you for getting back with me so quickly. I really appreciate it.

I found your visions branch on the fork EngrAhsanAli / MeteorDDP, is that not a working solution either? Is there a reason you switched to SwiftDDP?

I working on a POC and looking to leverage an existing app written in Meteor, I have a choice to invest time into rewriting a new app or helping to fixing a library. I am more than willing to help getting the last remaining issues worked out. I can start with taking a copy of you code-base, merging back into a forked repo and creating a Swift Package so that it makes it easier to do local and concurrent development.

How does that sound?

Sorry, I meant MeteorDDP. I just posted my latest branch to Github:

If you want to turn this into a Swift package, feel free to do so.

EDIT: Just added Swift package support myself, because I needed it.