MDG needs to be more involved with the community

@sacha’s point above is extremely important even if he is an easy grader. Based on this thread I would gauge the last one is more like a C- or D+. I would also split that last one into more categories:

  • MDG involvement with community projects that provide critical infrastructure
  • Router, Forms, Testing/Velocity, NPM
  • MDG involvement with community on experimental or future looking projects
  • React integration, SQL integration, Blaze+/Blaze Components/Blaze 2.0, Subscription Joins

A big part of the community understands that Meteor is trying to push back the frontier and that multiple experiments may be conducted to figure out the best way to do things. There were/are quite a few react integration projects before react integration became something that is core maintained… How much were those projects discussed here and how involved was MDG in those discussions? Same for Blaze components… (From my perspective I don’t think MDG gets a passing grade here.)

Routing is another area where I would have to push for retaking the class.

In effect what is being said, is that we have two community routers in iron-router and flow-router, we don’t need a core one. Just kidding we will bring it into core someday maybe but in the meantime we’ll give zero guidance on how those routers could migrate towards our vision for it.

@aliceyu I appreciate the post and the team’s sentiment but “more” and “soon” is basically what we always hear. How a little more and now? I see no better topic than Router to start it off right.