Meteor 1.2.0.1 on ARM (UDOO, Raspberry + others)

meteor create … needs binary compile? I think most packages are pure JavaScript.

Most ARM apps are developed on X86 system like Mac which has a cross compiler and acts as a Host. Connected ARM board to Mac then dump ARM binary on board. I am not sure Raspberry. Most Android ARM tablets can work in this way.

@charliecl e.g. npm-bcrypt - if you install that, it will create some binaries on your arch. So you can#T yet cross-compile using meteor, because meteor does not official support arm architecture. I haven’t tried yet to use our fork on X86 and try to prepare a cross-compiled package. My feeling is that this won’t work.

Cheers
Tom

P.S.: If you use a package that isn’t installable via meteor add in case that it not support ARM yet (e.g. meteor-scss), you just need to clone the source inside your packages folder and it will get compiled on your ARM board. That worked for us all the time.

Hi all,
I love your porting for ARM.

Is there any timeline for an eventual Meteor 1.3 porting for ARM Architecture?

Is there any way, as far as you know, to install angular-meteor in meteor 1.2?

From the Angular-Meteor website I read that I need the meteor npm command, available only for Meteor 1.3.

Thank you in advance and sorry for my English.

Marco.

Hey Marco ( @marcodistrutti )

perfect timing for your question :slight_smile:

Today I launched the 1.3.3.1 release. Its not currently the default but you may install that
Have a look at https://github.com/4commerce-technologies-AG/meteor/issues/38#issuecomment-227120669

Cheers
Tom

1 Like

Great,
I have no word in order to thank you.

I found the way to develop an angular-meteor application in old school style, compatible with your porting for Meteor 1.2

But I have to congratulate your work, we have the right time for use your last porting.

Maybe is not much for you, but for us is a great step :slight_smile: Thank you.

Marco

1 Like

Thanks Marco,

I will do a post about that new release soon. So if you find out any issue with the new release, please post an issue on our github repo.

Cheers
Tom