Meteor 1.3 *early beta* now available

You can add the react-meteor-data package directly. I don’t believe it depends on react-runtime.

meteor add react-meteor-data

Then just install and use react from npm with import/export. ReactMeteorData will be available as a global, to mix into your components.

Okay. I was using the earlier Beta and this was causing conflicts with react-meteor-data and the NPM installed react. I guess I’ll have to upgrade and see if it works alright. Thanks!

Hmm, that’s odd! Give a newer one a try (I would try beta4, beta5 introduced issues for us).

If you check out the package file, it does not require react-runtime (which is what would cause the double react conflicts).

1 Like

Note that in the final releases, react-runtime will simply redirect to NPM react, so there will be no problem at all using packages from Atmosphere and NPM both together with React.

1 Like

Good to know. Right now I have a whole bunch of Tracker.autorun and Tracker.dependency since I couldn’t get react-meteor-data to work with NPM support. Will be so nice to remove all those once a consistent work flow is agreed upon by MDG and the community

Hey all,

We just wrote a post about a first pass at app testing which we’ve implemented on top of this 1.3 release:

3 Likes

I think you should be able to import ReactMeteorData like so:

import {ReactMeteorData} from 'meteor/react-meteor-data';

and use it as usual while waiting for a consistent work flow.

import {ReactMeteorData} from 'meteor/react-meteor-data';

That probably is the consistent workflow. I think importing things explicitly should be the way to go.

4 Likes

I am having difficulty requiring a particular npm module in 1.3. Here is my issue with reproduction repo. https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/6114

Any ideas?

I would like to test a deployment of the latest beta release. How would I go about it?

I currently use this buildpack with IBM Bluemix hosting: https://github.com/ind1go/bluemix-buildpack-meteor

Most buildpacks I’ve tried insist on using version 1.2.1. I’m not familiar yet with creating or editing buildpack scripts. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have a problem with modules that i want to be both on the server and on the client.
I have a dependant module on the client in /client/imports/dependantA.js
I have a dependant module on the server in /server/imports/dependantB.js
Where do i put my dependency.js module for it to be importable in both modules ?
I have tried in /imports, but it doesn’t work.
Thank you.

1 Like

This should work fine and I’ve done this very thing for sharing methods between client and server. Can you post a code sample where it doesn’t work?

2 Likes

Ok, i have found out the answer, you have to write import foo from "/imports/dependency" you have to use a root slash.

3 Likes

Is it possible to use jspm within Meteor 1.3 or is it a world of conflicts?

Hmm, I didn’t have to do that, it worked fine with a relative path. Well as long as it works for you, then it’s good!

to support his point, I’ve had to experiment with getting my paths right aswell - I’m on beta 5, and I’ve had to use root path’s aswell for shared code.

1 Like

I updated to 1.3 and things aren’t working so I want to roll back to 1.2. How can I do this? Thanks.

meteor update --release 1.2.1 seems to work.

Yeah I tried too and it seemed to break a bunch of my globals, like collection definitions and routes.

I’m sure the modules team would appreciate some info/reproductions! We hope that anyone will be able to upgrade without any issues for the final release.

1 Like