Meteor and the Internet of Things (IoT) - whats best to use? Collection, Meteor-Streams, Streamy

I tested it with 1.3.2.4 and every aspect of local collection streaming to the client seems to work.

Just in case anybody would be interested, I have just recently published some packages related more or less to problems/ideas described here. Here is of them -> meteor-custom-protocol.
Basically it allows to transmit anything else along the DDP on the same websocket connection without interfering with Meteor. You can create any encoding/decoding mechanism you like. The only limitation is that it must boil down to strings, as the underlying SockJS supports only strings.
I am already using this in production for more than a year improving the scalability of pub/sub. I have also used it for implementation of WebRTC signaling over default Meteors connection and it works pretty well.

Hi Bartosz ( @omega )

first of all thanks for sharing your knowledge and codes. It look like an interesting approach but from my personal needs it won’t fit. I do not have a deeper look at “speed” but the main reasons for me to stay with local sub/pub are:

1. Security already established and available by meteor session / authentification
  2. I am able to build up a local history like last 50 messages / data records a client hat received
  3. I can just enable a filter and searchable collection of received / recorded data on client which is dropped on closing the client

But thats are just my 2 cents

Cheers
Tom

1 Like

Dear @tomfreudenberg: What is the status of this app now? We are working in Meteor from last one year and now starting work in IoT. So your response will be helpful for us.

Regards,
Sanjay Kumar

Hi @alexanealessia please do not spam forum with unnecessary messages. The question here reflects technics while using Meteor to develop IoT apps. It is not a discussion about “if Meteor or IoT”.

1 Like

very strange, i remember seeing another member here posting similar pointless posts. is this some new kind of bot?

1 Like