Meteor cordova startup time?

No, We could do nothing with this problem.

This worked very well for me on iOS. Havenā€™t tried android yet.

Too bad,
Itā€™s a shamed that we couldnā€™t do anything about this.
I have to switch to ionic for Mobile app and drop live-update feature of meteor.

Wish that any meteorers could help me solve this. I donā€™t need the update-to-date version of meteor, just try to find the one that work as supposed as it should be. This is some of annoyed issues that Iā€™ve been faced. I can live with the others but not with this one. Obvious, Users canā€™t accept this long loading white screen.

Regards!

I face the same issue for months and never found a solution for this problem.

Do you also use angular + ionic? Have you tried to disable your plugins to see if any of it causes the long loading time?

Btw. you can also use meteor features with ionic. I built the app from this tutorial https://www.angular-meteor.com/tutorials/whatsapp2 but got also a bad startup time (> 6 sec for android).

@marc2,

Yes, I learned from that tutor and I even try their others tutor (socially), downloaded it, built it and put it on my android device. Still the same, long loading time.
And it seems like theyā€™re focussing on angular2 now than trying to fix this issue.
Iā€™m not an expert, Iā€™m just a learner. So It really bothers me that why they didnā€™t see that issue for such a long time. But hey, live and learn.

Right now Iā€™m using only Ionic for my simple solutions/apps. The hard part that I have to create a backend for every project and It canā€™t, you know, live loading data.

@mnchau

So your ionic app loads faster? Does it get slower when you start to use the meteor-client and meteor-angular package?
I try to understand which part of the app causes the slow loading.

Iā€™ve created pure Ionic project, not anything related to meteor. Thatā€™s why I have to create my own backend for those apps.

On ionic project the Android and iOS device load the same, show launch screen and fast enough.

1 Like

This worked perfect on iOS. Thanks.
My previous answer worked on my androids. Interestingā€¦

I believe the problem is modules bloating