Meteor Galaxy Pricing?

Can you please share your specific expectation (if not based on an annual or multi-year commitment, which is typical for an enterprise deal) that provides a volume discount? When you say “ramp up” or “large deployment”, what specific total container runtime volume do you expect to trigger a discount? Are there equivalent SaaS or PaaS services that provide discounted, high-volume pricing plans that you find attractive?

My mini guide :-

Default choice should be Galaxy. Especially for commercial sites.

Then…if you have worries, modify your choice in these circumstances…

• But I’m just doing a hobby/demo site and don’t want to bleed $s, $5 DO / mup

• But I have lots of little sites and don’t want to bleed $s… $10 DO / nginx / mup (maybe compose also as you can host multiple DB for one price but all up $40 ish, but will allow you to quite a lot of mini sites)

• But I have a commercial site and don’t want to bleed $s… Galaxy / Compose (Worry about making $s rather than bleeding $s)

• But I know what I’m doing on linux… do whatever you think is best.

I suggest Compose, but other Mongo providers can be just as good / cheaper

Just remember, whatever choice you make, you aren’t locked into it, you can move things to any alternate platform.

if your site is commercial and making $, then go with Galaxy.

6 Likes

Definitely a valuable perspective, thanks! :smiley:

I was following this post since beginning, to say the truth Galaxy is expensive enough, I wish it were much cheaper. BUT after deploying several meteor apps to DigitalOcean with mupx and switching to galaxy for the last app, I definitely recommend galaxy if you do not want to spend valuable time doing devops.

7 Likes

I agree with you, and have such an experience.

2 Likes

Similarly, I have as well. Hats off, yet again, to the MDG team.

1 Like