Meteor is not dead. In fact, it's quite all right

Good list, I see your point. It’s the docs/guide that is biased toward Blaze in some sections and not in the marketing material or overall strategy so it seems.

I think the docs should be neutral to the view but given how Meteor (being Blaze first) the docs has a places where Blaze usage is assumed.

Do you think we should open an issue for that? I see few potential enhancements:

  • Routing: I’m not sure how meaningful is discuss this without coupling it with the view layer, so in my mind this should be a subsection of the view.
  • Users/accounts: accounts has a backend component which is view neutral, but we have a front-end component specific to Blaze, so I think those need to be de-coupled
  • Collection: again I think this could be front-end neutral
  • Mini-mongo, tracker and session: these can surely be view independent, although in Blaze their usage can be emphasized
  • Account UI/markdown: I think these are fine but they need to be highlighted as Blaze only packages.

Overall I agree with your sentiment, I think the guide needs some refactoring, and I’d suggest an open issue and I’ll be glad to help with that as well.

1 Like