Meteor React official architecture with 1.3?

And if you guys will write an article, don’t forget about the official MDG approach of wrapping a container with the meteor data layer and if we will use redux with redux connect, we should wrap it twice(?). Guess you have to show how to handle it there.

2 Likes

Personally, I stuck really closely to the official MDG Guide, with a few exceptions around helpers (hangovers from the Blaze days) but even these have now been rolled into components.

My opinion on Mantra is mixed. Admittedly, I understood a whole lot less when I looked at it, but my knee-jerk reaction was “Nope!”. I found it too complex, and to me it epitomised the NodeJS way of making something simple seem very complex and intimidating. Personally I value simplicity and elegance in my work, and that just isn’t something I felt with Mantra. Things may have changed since I last looked at it however (don’t they always?!)

I stuck close to MDG recommendations, because even though they are late(r) to the party, they feel more in line with Meteor’s ethos and method than other architectures like Mantra & Space Kitty (warning guys: that was a personal opinion!)

State management is something that I’ve been trying to wrap my head around recently, and again Redux just doesn’t feel right in this context. Maybe I’m too much of a Meteor purist at heart! :metal:

3 Likes