Meteor + React + Reapp

I have gone half way through to integrate reapp but the project breaks with latest react so i started looking into touchstoneJS.

Iā€™m also interested if any progress has been made with Reapp and Meteor. Also, will Meteor 1.3 (with the improved NPM support) help or fix the issues at hand? Thoughts?

I abandoned my Reapp efforts due to project timeline constraints, so I went with something else.

My idea was to get the Reapp Kitchen Sink running on Meteor, so that Meteor devs would have a go-to reference for Reapp. But his Kitchen Sink app is tightly integrated with his reapp-router, which, if youā€™ve read above, is obsolete and not easy to separate.

But honestly, the Kitchen Sink is unnecessary. I bet that if you wanted a particular component, you may be able to just drop it in and it will work fine. Meteor 1.3 will certainly help avoid the headaches I went thru, but thatā€™s not the main problem at this point.

Since my original reply above, Reapp looks to be abandoned (check out the main repo at https://github.com/reapp/reapp: NOTICE: Needs contributors, current broken, don't open a ticket open a PR), and Touchstone JS appears to be the next closest thing to Reapp (non-Material Design, but still lacking some of Reappā€™s features.)

2 Likes