MeteorTosh ! What I would do If was Meteor's CEO

I might be wrong, but I think you can already use transactions if you use the low-level collection API. Of course, this API might change over time if the MongoDB driver is being updated, so you have to monitor these changes.

Yep, that’s the main reason why I can’t upgrade beyond 2.5.6 (and now 2.5.7) due to the breaking changes. But I also can’t change thousands of LOC and MongoDb TXN were crucial to our app.

So no, it must be fully supported as @globalise wrote!

4 Likes

You can, but it is very unperformant unless you do some nasty hacks. Also, it takes a lot of investigation to understand even how to do it. If it were a core part of Meteor API, it would be great.

1 Like

Definitely. I also ran into quite some situations where transaction support would have been helpful.

1 Like

I don’t think most of what the OP mentioned is necessary, for example it doesn’t need to lose compatibility with previous packages/projects..

2 Likes

I took a good look at Redwood. It is a very nice framework indeed.

However, imho, it is yet many years behind Meteor in many areas.

MeteorTosh, could get some lessons with Redwood though… MeteorTosh should be opinionated about Routing. It should either have one of its own or embrace only one of the existing ones. I think leaving it open for choice is not good.

1 Like

Why not creating a strong opinionated but easy and zero config boilerplate project?

2 Likes