Mobile guide article

Wouldnt it be better to make 2 different sections for android and ios, not as merged as it is now?

1 Like

just like with code, really long scripts with mroe than one major concern get tiresome and harder to follow, I totally agree it would be awesome to break this up into smaller chunks.

Great article. Very informative. But I have a question…

The article states that, " that all your assets are bundled with the app." Does this include server-side code or is it just client-side? If server-side is included, what’s the point of bundling server-side if we need to connect to an external server anyway?

Wow. I’ve been fighting this prod bug for 2 solid days. It’s insane that this indispensable option is undocumented.

Anyway, all I want to say is THANK YOU for saving the day!

your links helped me find this:

which looks like we need to set the environment variable in production. (the --settings flag is used to create this environment variable for us in development.

so looks like we need to hardcode them in if we need them to work in production.
i believe we can do this with process.env.METEOR_SETTINGS = {...}

but would love some verification.

If anybody is trying to figure out how to access the “Client side native logs” for Android, just run adb logcat in terminal after connecting device and running meteor run android-device

1 Like