My Story: Why Meteor is Awesome!

Why would there be one? they gave you the choice to use any kind you want :wink:

freedom of choice!

Flow Router and Iron Router (rendering with Blaze (that is said to be ‘stagnating’ ))that are abandoned community packages ? Or React Router that have me to learn React

Well Iron router was like a primitive first router but was cool then Flower Router came along which is simple and intuitive (and works with React)

Then React Router which is very nice but there many more nice routers… You decide :wink:

https://millermedeiros.github.io/crossroads.js/

whats wrong with just using react + react-router?

1 Like

Does React bundle a router?

1 Like

@neighborhood if you’re planning to make a career out of only knowing blaze you are making a mistake. learn react and/or angular and you can take your skills outside of meteor if you want or need to.

3 Likes

That’s true . I feel like this cos am a CEO :grinning::joy: I just need things to work correctly. Then I’ll rather focus on more vanilla Javascript.

2 Likes

Blaze is open sourced as a separate project, you’re free to use it outside Meteor if you want. Granted it’d be difficult to find a company using it

why not just use css and html? way more simple and easy to use :smiley: never will be deprecated :wink:

Hahaha . True . But doesn’t want sugar ?

1 Like

Its not a matter of number of people using it .It about does it do its job well.

1 Like

Well you have two choices, either dig with a spoon (Blaze) or a shovel (React), in terms of productivity you’ll save a lot of time and energy using react (components re-usability)

Maybe @sashko could chime in on how to handle Timeouts, Maximum Query Depth, Query Complexity, and Throttling with Apollo, or how/when/where the graphql spec is going to tackle these items.

1 Like

You can use chop-sticks, and also a fork. But it’s about what you used to :grin:

For me meteor is awesome because it comprises everything to build an entire reactive database application. I love spacebars, mini-mongo and the meteor call.

That and for trello

I found these custom rules that supplement the validation phase: graphql-depth-limit, graphql-validation-complexity and graphql-query-complexity to handle most of the concerns raised here.

2 Likes

Meteor awesome because it comes bundled with what you need to produce a web application. without the need for too much in-depth knowledge you can produce something useful also with the benefit of using the lastest technologies to create a web app.

1 Like