Thanks Mark!
Quick note for others reading this thread: you can use jam:method without using jam:easy-schema. So if you’re happy with SimpleSchema or another validation package, you can use it with jam:method. We’re kind of discussing both in this thread, which I think is fine, but others might get confused. If you don’t like co-mingling the convo, there is a jam:easy-schema forum thread. ![]()
Great to hear!
I don’t have plans to support autovalues in jam:easy-schema at this time. Like you said, I’m sort of against them. Having said that, can you give an example of how you use them and why you find them useful?
I haven’t really. My initial thought: I think these are so tied to the view layer you’re using that I think it’d be better to have someone write a package for their view layer that takes an Easy Schema as an input to magically generate a form.
In general, I think migrating from SimpleSchema to Easy Schema should hopefully be relatively straightforward. It could also make your schemas a lot more straightforward to grok. Though it will depend on how many features of SimpleSchema you rely on. Easy Schema intentionally doesn’t have all the SimpleSchema features.
Hmm, not sure I’m following
. Which code are you referring to?
Easy Schema does a conversion to Mongo JSON Schema automatically so hopefully your use case is covered. Can you give an example of what you’re looking for?