Progressive Web Apps (PWA) with Meteor

It is possible since those are all browser powered featured.

The browser keep minimongo data in memory until it closed, the main issue is when happen this, so when it reopen without network it haven’t data.
Obviously service worker are necessary, because keep static data.
I’m working on completly offline app, the main idea is to save minimongo data in localstorage for getback when come online.
I’m tried with GroundDB but seems to complicated and I want a simple way to do it.
I want to manage also conflict data, when chenged in offline mode are made and at the moment of syncronizing is not equals.
I think I’m a good point, when it’s ready I would make a post with all descrpitions.

@davideonmeteor: This sounds promising, would be great if you would share your experiences!

@alawi: Sounds good. How do you deal with offline data storage?

My offline requirements are usually fairly simple, and I like to stay pragmatic with features. I don’t aim for full offline support, but just core features that are extremely essential (say for example adding notes when offline etc.)

For that, I just store it in the browser storage and then when connected send the request.

For more complex use cases, you can also take a look at https://github.com/CaptainN/npdev-collections or MongoDB Realm Sync.

2 Likes