React Router vs Flow Router

React Router v4, docs was released a couple of days ago, it was fully rewritten and has new API.

Check it, maybe it can fit your app :wink:

v4 is still pre-release at the moment, Iā€™d leave it for a little while just to let them iron-out the bugs first, especially as itā€™s a major rewrite.

I didnā€™t know the existence of the webapp api so was running express on a separate port, this is so much more elegant, thanks for the snippet!

1 Like

Time to revive this old thread! :smiley:
So, Iā€™ve just started learning React, and now Iā€™m wondering the same thing! Itā€™s been almost a year, what has happened? Is FlowRouter still the preferred router for React apps in the Meteor community? Even though Iā€™ve used FlowRouter before, I donā€™t really know what benefits it has over ReactRouter.

Iā€™m currently making the switch from blaze to react. I love flowrouter, but since it stopped being maintained i feel like its the right time to switch.

My number one argument in favor of flowrouter would be its similarity with other routers like iron router. Its api is easy to use and works really well with tracker and blaze templates.

If you get yourself familiar with react jsx, you will notice that react-router feels like a much better fit and really in accordance with the react way of doing things. React router is also supported by a wider community making it less likely that people stop maintaining it.

1 Like

Iā€™m just starting a new React based Meteor app and currently, Iā€™m heavily leaning towards React Router. While I like the simplicity of FlowRouter, the fact itā€™s no longer maintained actively seems too unpredictable for me to pick up. This is the point where I wish MDG would pick it up and at least maintain it especially since itā€™s a core part of their documentation, but that doesnā€™t seem likely at this point so I guess Iā€™ll just use React Router. RRv4 seems interesting and not overly difficult to set up and use at least.

FlowRouter Is still maintained with excellent support by VeliovGroup
and have many new useful features

1 Like

how FlowRouter relates to Docker? :confused:

Iā€™m glad someone picked this up.

I hadnā€™t heard anyone had picked it up to maintain it. Thatā€™s awesome though! Thanks for pointing it out.

Though they donā€™t seem to talk at all about React, are people still using Kadiraā€™s Mount and if so is that still maintained by someone?