Simple CRM - A line-of-business app example in Meteor 1.3, React and Redux

@tomRedox or shall I meanwhile say tomRedux… ha just fun. :grin:

So what is your final conclusion ? Will you use it in you company ?

We have decided to take the plunge for at least one project. Thanks to @tomRedox’s hard work we are in a position to start coding. In fact we started yesterday.

1 Like

:smiley: If only Dan A had called it Redox it would have steered so much accidental traffic to our company!

As @nathanRedox said we are definitely rolling out a small SaaS product based on Meteor. That should be live by the end of May and then based on our experiences with getting it up and running we’ll then make a decision on whether to use Meteor for client work too.

I don’t really see any reason not too at the moment, except for MongoDB which I’m still fundamentally uncomfortable with (because ACID compliance etc is important for us). The Apollo project will fix that though.

Great work ,Tom and +1 for the blog. I managed to get the tests to run but not the actual app. Is --release 8 crucial? I think I have 11! I’m a bit of a novice with Meteor and javascript so your blog would really be useful.

Hi @steveo, sorry, the readme is out of date, it’s on release beta 12 now. I think you do need to have the version of Meteor that matches the project, but you can have more than one version of Meteor installed.

I’ve added some installation instructions here: https://github.com/tomRedox/simpleCRM#installation. Hopefully that will get you up and running, let me know if not. I should say that I haven’t actually followed those instructions through, so do let me know if they don’t work and I will correct them.

Thanks, Tom up and running. Actually I already had release 12 running, I forgot to do npm install !! , cough,cough ,ahem. Least said about that the better :slight_smile: Running on windows 10 without a hitch.

Great stuff @steveo, glad it’s working. I always forget npm install.

Hi @tomRedox,

Thanks for the awesome work!

I was wondering what package did you use to format the currency?

Thanks @ajaxsoap :slight_smile:

I used accounting.js, imported via npm, but looking at the repo it seems like it’s been a while since anyone did any work on it and there are a fair number of outstanding issues: https://github.com/openexchangerates/accounting.js. There may be better solutions out there.

Yeah, I just read your code and I see that you used Accounting js,

<span>{ accounting.formatMoney(item.price, "£") } </span>

Thanks @tomRedox! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Re formatting, It’s still a pre-release but people are using it, v2 of my meteor-messageformat.

<MF price={price}>{`{price, number, GBP}`}</MF>

You can see some other examples here but you should ignore the docs on that site and rather rely on the package READMEs until a final release.

On the pro side, it’s great for things like “He found no results in one category”, and of course, does i18n too.

2 Likes

Thanks @gadicc!

I’ve been looking for a good currency format for quite a while, i’ll look into this and see if it works for me. :thumbsup:

I’m trying out the app now to see whether this set-up suits me. I’m also learning Meteor in general.

When I try to add an order and type something in the customer search field, nothing shows up and the work indicator (rotating circle) keeps spinning. When checking ChromeDevTools I get:

Async.js:120 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot create property 'n' on boolean 'true'callback @ Async.js:120(anonymous function) @ AsyncSelectInput.jsx:45

And when putting a breakpoint in OrderHeaderEdit.jsx line 23, I note this error when running from the command line:

CustomerCompanies.find().fetch()
VM9673:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: CustomerCompanies is not defined(…)

I post here as I’m surprised that I’m the first one to note this. It may be something in my set-up? But I’m glad to open an issue in github.