Slow mongo query on createUser

That looks like an easier route to take

1 Like

Hi @kimar,

I am working on a pull request to solve this issue. But I donā€™t see any significant slowness while creating a new account, using the createUser method. Of course I didnā€™t try with 400k users. If possible can you share some screenshots of the slowness? It would be really helpful.

1 Like

My users collection has nearly a million documents now, which means that if someone tries to register with an email such as info@gmail.com it takes 20+ seconds to do this query. I see the Github pull requests all ended up getting skipped? So it seems like this is still an issue in 2022? Has anyone figured out an elegant solution?

1 Like

Would it be possible to implement the user creation without the need to perform the query (for example if a certain flag is passed as option to shut this off) and instead perform the query on our own? That would at least be non-breaking and allow those with performance needs to do the query in a performant manner.

1 Like

Thanks @rjdavid - I remember seeing that thread but couldnā€™t figure out what to search for. Seems like there isnā€™t a simple solution out there yet.