[Solved] Internal error calling getPublicationStrategy

Hm ok, I also need to run with your settings.

Ok, let me see.

Npm run start and just login then hit reload on the browser and you will get the error on the server

I was able to reproduce the error and when the error happens the Subscription object was not created by Meteor core packages.

I believe there is a package in your app that is creating subscription as well.

I’m still investigating and trying to find other ways to create Subscriptions in Meteor core packages to be sure the problem is not in the core packages.

fast-render context doesn’t contain a server and this context is used to create the Subscription.

I’m thinking about a defensive code to avoid accessing the server property when the fast-render package is present.

Hi @flean and @saeeed this PR in fast-render solves the problem.

@copleykj or @storyteller can release this soon.

Thanks, just tested and it works.

1 Like

I don’t have permission to merge / publish but I see @copleykj already merged this PR (thanks).

So I assume he is going to publish a new version soon!

:slight_smile:

Yea, I downloaded a copy to test in another project and it worked.

1 Like

For the record, how do I find the root of this type of problem?

Usually I get the Meteor core feature and start to add a few logs around it running from my local Meteor checkout.

When I understand where the problem is happening I add a console.trace() to understand who is calling that code.

For example, in this case fast-render is using MeteorX so it’s not that easy to find just reading the code and looking for a specific call. This happens because in MeteorX there are many transformations and assignments along the way mutation the objects but with console.trace() it’s easy to spot where the call is coming from.

You could do the same with debugger but in some cases I prefer to just use the console.

I hope this help in future analysis.

2 Likes

patch for this issue has been published

1 Like