[SOLVED] Methods not working when is in Iframe

yep, everything will be https at the end as mentioned it’s work in progrsss.

You have to search for an address in the first input in order to launch a search. Type for example:

“37 Rue Saint Ame 59800 Lille”
Click on the “Maison” button and then you can launch a search and you should get result in the table.
Actually the table doesn’t even show in the other iframe from immobourse.

But maybe the lack of https on the embedding website is causing the block, no idea.

it works, but your iframe is too small and scrolling is disabled…
you can’t resize the iframe from “inside”.

also given that the search box does indeed give a result in the iframe, it should have been clear, that request do indeed work :wink:

2 Likes

The address checkbox is calling an external api so I got confused if the methods could be blocked due to the way Meteor works. I guess I was just focusing on this and missing the simplest point. Thanks so much for taking the time to discover my stupidity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @ivo just to add a bit to this, I do run Meteor iframed in Meteor with no problems. If your matter is resolved, please update the title to ‘solved’

2 Likes

thanks @paulishca, made the change to Solved. Yep I was also surprise what could have been the issue, turned out there was no issue, but still could learn a lot of information meanwhile :wink:

1 Like

Out of curiosity @paulishca, what’s your use case on Iframes with meteor ? Is it an alternative to microservices ? Are the app autonomous or connected to the same DB ?

Just would be curious about some context if you don’t mind sharing.

That is … really complex :). Microservices are for the server side, you probably meant micro frontends. It seems that one micro frontend strategy is by adopting Iframes while other strategies use specially designed micro frontend frameworks.

My need in the present project is to have a communication tool (chat and contacts) running over 3 different projects. I authenticate all 4 Projects via the 1st Project and each project has its own DB and a DB Link to the 1st Project’s DB which contains the users.

Put differently
Project 1 - a social network, Iframes Project 3 and 4, both also run stand-alone on their own urls. (DB1)
Project 2 - a business platform that manages assets of the 1st Project (DB2 and Users in DB1). Iframes Project 4.
Project 3 - a cycling platform (DB3 and Users in DB1) - Iframes Project 4.
Project 4 - chat and contacts app (DB4 and Users in DB1). Here I only use DB1 for authentication, chat and contacts are based on a Contact object in DB4 and not on the User object of the DB1 (for efficiency and performance).

2 Likes