State of meteor development

This to me is a part of the problem with the state of Meteor. There is some great work being done, but not a lot of communication.

2 Likes

That’s always been the state of Meteor :joy:

3 Likes

And that’s a shame. Who knows where Meteor would be if they had a community manager.

6 Likes

Agree. Just some forum posts, some twitts, will be much better.

1 Like

Haha they had an unofficial one, Josh Owens. He did a lot to promote Meteor and help beginners. It’s a shame, there were a lot of good people in the community that were pushed out.

4 Likes

Seriously. Josh did so much amazing work for this community. It’s too bad that he was pushed out.

1 Like

Why was he pushed out? And what happened to Sashko, he had been quite active in the community, too.

1 Like

…Apollo happened :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well actually nowadays he works for Stripe

2 Likes

Meteor’s community is awesome and have long awaited manifestation of the multiple possibilities of the Meteor framework. It seems it gets closer and closer with every update. I can see MDG strategically planning Meteor’s future nicely especially with the Apollo integration as the booster. Apollo will allow many connections to variable amounts of data; therefore, Meteor won’t have to be tied to MongoDB. TypeScript will reveal more recognizable Meteor API extensions and open Meteor up to switching out APIs like the user system. Meteor’s build system will continue to improve and possibly allow more ease of use custom settings. Meteor server and Apollo can simply befriend React Native more and give developers easy access to app data to include reactivity with Meteor/Apollo subscriptions.

Also upcoming Meteor contributions like in this comment will excite the community more. I can see it turning into a free and paid Meteor marketplace that can easily replace Atmosphere and offer up a way for community member to receive revenue from their hard work. Ultimately, I believe Meteor has a culture that helps developers learn and grow, and it’s hard to forget a platform of this manner so it is believable that anyone that have left are still keeping an eye on Meteor.

5 Likes