The frustration of keeping current

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

This is the primary reason I’m trying to get out of the web development game. There’s little room for craftsmanship or mastery. You can’t master a babbling river.

3 Likes

Check out this little project that implements observable streams with tracker. I wouldn’t use it, but it was an interesting learning experience.

I think the fundamental issue with Tracker is purity. Tracker introduces side-effected literally everywhere and this is a pretty well known programming anti-pattern. Although, I have to say, Tracker is pretty neat and MDG was able to create a pretty cool web app framework around blaze using it.

The refresh is reactivity. Its just explicit reactivity. The way mongo currently works by watching the oplog isn’t scalable when it comes to something like a large chat application, and they achieve reactivity in a more proactive way like any-db.

This is an extremely good point. I moved away from Node and to Meteor because I didn’t like the ridiculous amount of imports you have to repeat in every file.

Are we going to have to import and export everything? Or can we have a mix of both?