The new Meteor Roadmap is out

Well, that’s exactly why I’d prefer an official package, built by pros :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would argue that everyone writing this themselves would open more sites up to security issues, because you are now only utilizing the brain of one person rather than the community.

10 Likes
2 Likes

I found that using the Accounts package (the built in one that is shipped with Meteor) allowed me to build accounts mgmt in my Vue app without too much trouble. It allows for Registration, Log in, Log Out, Email Verification Emails get sent out, Forgotten Password Emails get sent out, Account enrollment emails also get sent out. I thought it would be hard when i moved from Blaze to something without the Accounts blaze templates. But it was fun and I learned alot about how Meteor works. My sample app tries to utilize every function in the Accounts API as a demonstration of it to others. I also set up OAuth log in via Github Facebook,Twitter and Google. Which again was very easy … like shockingly easy haha. It was very nice and something I would love to see Meteor keep up with moving forward. Like every time a site gets to Facebook, Twitter level of popularity (like Linkedin or something which there is a community package for btw) a package integrating Meteor with it could be added. I think Weibo and Meetups is also supported. I may be wrong tho

6 Likes