User Accounts with Mailgun for passwd reset and verification

@cstrat
I will try that! :slight_smile:
Actually it is not even working in development on my localhost (Mac OS) and the port should be open!
Funny thing is that it doesn’t seem to be a connection issue:
When I change something random in the authentication info of the MAIL_URL env var the server immediately throws an error that the mailgun server responded with bad Login. So the connection seems to be just fine. With the proper auth info there is no error - but also no email! :frowning: (again: not even showing up in the mailgun logs).

Error with bad login data:

Exception while invoking method 'forgotPassword' { stack: 'AuthError: Invalid login - 535 5.7.0 Mailgun is not loving your login or password\n    at Object.Future.wait ...

UPDATE:
You are my hero man!
Changing it to port 25 worked! I really do not understand why this makes such a difference but it works!
Thanks a bunch mate!!

1 Like

In development mode it won’t use the MAIL_URL - it will dump the email into the console. That happens for me too, I think it is intentional.

Ahh just saw that its working for you, haha yeah no problem. Nice :slight_smile:

As a sidenote: It seems like that Meteor does actually send the mail also in development mode when there is a MAIL_URL defined. So no console dump for me.

1 Like

Ah of course, I only set my mail URL when deploying.