Voxel Steps: Development diary

Status update
Ok, a lot of water has run under the bridge since the last post in this topic, but as strange as it may sound, I am reviving it. Live and prosper!! mwahaha!
Two years ago this project wasn’t meant to happen, but now I am returning back to it; I am once again struggling with my task management :joy:
Since 2017 I’ve grown some solid coding muscle and I’m confident this time I can get the app from the start to the finish.

Current status
I’m back at choosing the tech stack.
The app will be written in Typescript.
I’ve gotten very proficient with React, so React Native is the obvious way to go. I will try Expo as testing environment; I hope they have fixed the nasty bugs I was having probs with back in 2017.
I will use Apollo as the data transport and Apollo Client for the state management (it has recently become official).
I would also like to use serverless but I’m inexperienced with that. I would need some advice here, specifically in regards to db config and user management - how can this be done with serverless? Some advice plz.
And finally, the last point I haven’t yet decided on - is whether I need Meteor :slight_smile:
Obviously it’s good for the classic node.js app, but if I go with serverless there isn’t really much point in using it. What would be your thoughts on that?

I’ve re-read your comments and two years later they seem even more valuable than back then :smile:
I can see that your app is no longer hosted on Play; what have you been doing these years?
Can you give some more insight on the mobile app development and marketing and would it be different from your last post here? Cheers

1 Like