Which testing framework is most mature / are people using?

I started with Mike’s Mocha package well before velocity. I put a bunch of time into velocity, but couldn’t get it to work stably (this was during an active dev time for them, i believe lots of these issues have been taken care of). Now i’m using tiny test via the practicalmeteor:munit package, it’s simple and fast and has helped me out alot.

FWIW, one of the confusing areas is if you’re testing your application or a package. Some test frameworks support one but not the other. Other time, I’ve been putting more and more stuff into packages, so I care most about heavy coverage there.

I haven’t done any UI specific testing, but I’m starting to ponder it, so watching this thread carefully.

I tried about a month or two ago so definitely have not played with the
latest version yet. I’ll give it another go, thanks for the heads up.

Functional tests run a lot faster than acceptance so it would be great to
get your package working.

I’m back with tinytest too, it seems jasmine is more likely to work with full integration tests currently. also hit some problems with package dependencies, but I assume meteor’s own tests do this, so it should be possible.

Does munit provide any stubs for meteor methods like userId() ? would be nice to test meteor methods. i have a quick and hacky workaround for that but it would be better to not have to do that kind of thing.

Hey Sam,
thanks for your feedback – I would be happy to integrate space:pioneer with velocity!
My last attempt was several months ago, so it could be that all my problems from back then are long resolved and it hopefully will be an easy process :wink:

We can use the separate thread you opened to discuss the integration!

Hi Sam,

Is there any documentation available on how to connect the debugger to the mirror? I’ve been playing around with velocity and sanjo:jasmine and I like everything I’m seeing but not sure how to debug the meteor server code while running the client integration tests.

Here you go

Should be somewhere easier to access :slight_smile: