Why I'm not choosing Meteor for the foreseeable future for my projects

congrats! Nice to hear your positive testimonial. What does your app do btw?

Looking good. Out of curiosity, are you using React as the view layer? Also, what library are you using for charts/graphs?

My app is basically so you can scan your receipts and keep a log what you spent then export to a proprietary tax system that’s required by law.

I’m using morris.js for the charting, it’s really nice! And yeah, I bit the bullet and spent the weekend learning more about react - have to say kind of excited to have switched, it’s makes collaborating easier between my brother and I.

I’ll have to check out morris.js at some point. And I’m in the same boat as you in terms of React - after just finishing a monolithic Meteor production app using Blaze, I find myself really enjoying the React way of doing things. Looking forward to the meteor core team further integrating React and providing us with some best practices.

We are a web (and now also mobile) development team located at New Delhi, India. We are a team of 12 developers. We were working in PHP/MySQL only and in last 6 months - 50% of our team has been moved to Meteor and we are planning to still increase this number to 75 or may be 90.

We love Meteor and enjoying working on it. Using Meteor we are also now developing mobile apps.

Thanks to Meteor, MDG, and Meteor Community.

Regards,
Sanjay Kumar
Deligence Technologies - your growing technology partner

3 Likes