Why is deploying meteor apps so "hard"?

modulus is the only easy solution, i use that, and have the configuration easy of mongodb and have grapicsMagick pre installed. but for billing propouses i need to use only one server for all (storage indeed).
actually the best solution i found is google app engine, and upload with gcloud (previusly build app) storage with slingshot.

but, a launcher on google launcher is the best option, its a shame bitnami not propouse that solution.

I’d like to use something related with Google because my apps are for the Android’s Market. Did you try it?
But the cheaper hosting I could find was DigitalOcean, but not tested yet:

$0.007/hr
512MB Memory
1 Core Processor
20GB SSD Disk
1TB Transfer

Digital Ocean works great. It’s the easiest solution I have come across with. I have 4 apps, with each on a separate server for stress-free deployment.

I use mup with only the settings settings modified from the original initalized mup.js. You HAVE to use abernix/meteord:base otherwise deployment fails miserably. I have no issues so far.

Modifying the mup.js for a successful deployment
TIP: ignore //dockerImage: 'kadirahq/meteord' comment and follow the configuration below b/c that’s incorrect configuration in the initalized mup.js

meteor: {

deployCheckWaitTime: 60,
        docker: {
            image: 'abernix/meteord:base',
        },

I’ve seen several posts about hosting multiple apps on same server using reverse proxy with nginx and mup does support that but I havent tried that yet.

Hosting External Mongo DB’s
I even have an external mongo instance running on MongoLab for data safekeeping (especially when your app is at production). The only catch is that you have to remove the mongo settings in mup.js for docker to not initialize a internal Mongo process on the server and have something like this:

meteor: {
        env: {
            ROOT_URL: 'http://staging.cinesigns.com',
            MONGO_URL: 'mongodb://[your external mongo instance URL ]'
        },
    }
1 Like

So @sethjgore are you paying 4 different servers then? Do you know how manage this with just one?