We do have hot reloading with large Meteor projects, we run webpack in parallel when doing front-end work, for medium React project, Meteor refresh is good enough. However, I’m willing to invest money to see HRM API first-class in Meteor as I mentioned here, I think it needs to be there and it is a limitation now especially with React Fast Refresh (the previous hot reload was not reliable most of the time).
I’ve not rejected Parcel, I just didn’t have the opportunity to try it in a major production project. I’ve used NextJS, and I just didn’t find its value proposition compelling enough (at least for me) and I’ve mentioned my reasoning above several times, feel free to respond to my question about NextJS value here, perhaps I’m missing something. With Svelte, the benchmarks are very clear. I try to do my own research, try the tools with side projects, and form my opinion while trying my best to filter the hype.
However, I do think Deno has a lot of potential down the road as I explained in that thread.