With Vue 2.0 - Why not use Vue.js as view layer? (Vue.js will support virtual DOM and jsx)

Couldn’t agree more.

2 Likes

I have tried to develop a small app with Vue - was very skeptical at first, but so far I really like it.

It gets very clean and is definitely much better than React, at least in these 2 productivity aspects:

1. Inline styles - when you draft a template for a component you may put some inline styles temporary until they lay down in a separate stylesheet… And those inline styles are perfectly processed by Vue and are real pain in React…
  2. Single file (.vue) code separation - clean visibility where there is the template, the code and the styles (try to quickly grasp that in a typical .jsx file)

It is yet to see on how it will work with Meteor reactive data, but the frontend componentization works like a charm… Big thanks to @akryum for popularizing Vue and preparing the meteor-related packages!

P.S. And of course React is a no-go by default because of the Patent clause.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m starting work on a Meteor + Vue Guide in a GitBook that will be open source and be open to community additions/feedback. :raised_hands:

I’ve built and continuously am working on a Meteor + Vue App and so I feel that it would be helpful to the community to document some of the core steps/code involved.

The guide book will include Meteor + Vue packages :package: by @akryum, that he previously listed in this thread. I’ve been so happy with this combination and his packages, that I want to help get him more sponsorship on GiftHub.

I believe creating really easy to use docs for new Vue devs to try Meteor as a backend will be a long term benefit to both the Meteor and Vue communities. I also should be able to maintain an open source app that we can use for upgrades and testing. An ideal situation would also be to create YouTube video content to accompany the GitBook. It would be really cool if @stolinski wanted to make a series from the docs for his Level Up Tutorials, or to work with other video makers with larger YouTube audiences :rocket:

If you use these Meteor + Vue packages, please check the packages you’re using…

• :package: vue-meteor-tracker (meteor tracker integration)
  • :package: akryum:vue-component (vue component files)
  • :package: akryum:vue-router2 (vue-router 2.x helpers)
  • :package: vue-apollo (apollo integration)
  • :package: vuejs:blaze-integration (integrate Vue and Blaze)
  • :package: vue-supply (use reactive data & automatic subscriptions in components and vuex store)
  • :package: akryum:vue-ssr (Server-Side Rendering)

0 voters

2 Likes