1.4 app successfully building in Windows 10 Bash?

I’m struggling to get a Meteor 1.4 app running in Windows 10 under the new Bash shell. Has anyone gotten this to work yet with a package that needs to be built (ex. bcrypt)?

I’m getting the following error:

While loading package npm-bcrypt@0.8.7:
error: Command failed:
/home/dov/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.0-1.13j49n2++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/bin/npm
rebuild --no-bin-links --update-binary
gyp ERR! clean error
gyp ERR! stack Error: EACCES: permission denied, rmdir 'build’
gyp ERR! stack at Error (native)
gyp ERR! System Linux 3.4.0+
gyp ERR! command
"/home/dov/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.0-1.13j49n2++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/bin/node"
"/home/dov/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.0-1.13j49n2++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js"
"rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd
/home/dov/.meteor/packages/npm-bcrypt/.0.8.7.10qkjlx++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/npm/node_modules/.temp-8i07ed/node_modules/bcrypt
gyp ERR! node -v v4.4.7
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.4.0
gyp ERR! not ok

I have gotten this app to run correctly in Windows directly, but wanted to see if running under Linux was faster/better. The error appears to be a permissions issue?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

• Dov
1 Like

I got the same problem with Windows susbsytem for linux (the Bash shell)

With the update today to accounts-password, it now works (have to do sudo meteor). And it seems to build a bit faster than in windows shell. So, as long as no packages need to be built, I guess it works.

1 Like