1.5.2.1 logs users out on server restart?

I updated one of my branches to 1.5.2.1 in response to the vulnerability disclosure, but now, whenever my server restarts during development, I get logged out of my app.

Has anyone encountered something like this since updating, in either development or production?

Yup, but they are fixing it:

See also this comment:

1 Like

Rad! Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

Thanks to @hwillson for the fix! I just put out a release candidate including this change (and others). Please help test it:

meteor update --release 1.5.2.2-rc.0

(Feel free to report success here in the forums, but remember that GitHub Issues are the best place for :bug: bug reports!)

6 Likes

Solved my Cannot find module '<built-in>' issues. Thank you very much for such a quick release!

I’m no longer encountering logout issues with 1.5.2.2-rc.0

@abernix, is this also fixed in 1.6-rc.0?

@vblagomir Great to hear!

@rjdavid It is not. We will definitely get it ported to 1.6 as soon as we get more developers confirming the fix in 1.5.2.2-rc.0.

And on second thought, contrary to my previous statement, everyone should report success and failure in the issue. Too hard to keep track of the score. I’m not sure what I was thinking when suggesting that. :slight_smile:

Got it. After an entire day developing and testing in 1.5.2.2-rc.0, I never encountered the issue.

And yes, I was just logged out while testing 1.6-rc.0

1 Like